Coconut - A Nourishing Gift from the Tropics
Coconuts (Cocos nucifera) are the green mature fruits of the coconut palm. These versatile fruits have many culinary and non-culinary applications, and the source of refreshing Coconut water and tasty Coconut meat from which Coconut milk and Coconut oil are derived.
NP Nutra® brings the goodness of Coconuts to their customers with five premium coconut products:
- CocOrganic® - Coconut Freeze-dried Coconut Water Powder (organic)
- Coconut Water Powder (organic)
- Coconut Water Powder
- Coconut Milk Powder (organic, vegan)
- Coconut Milk Powder (vegan)
Continue reading to learn more about this nourishing tropical fruit that is continually growing in popularity ...
Coconut palms grow well in tropical regions with sandy, well-drained soil including saline-rich coastlines.
A single Coconut palm can yield 20 to 150 mature fruits in one season. These fruits can be anywhere between 5 and 10 inches in diameter with a light green outer husk. Under the 1 to 2 inch husk is a woody shell that encases the white Coconut meat and Coconut water.
This tropical favorite is an indispensable ingredient in many Asian diets and is also used to produce fuel, fiber, even ornaments and musical instruments. These various applications in different cultures have earned different titles. In Sanskrit it is called kalpa vriksha which means "the tree which provides all the necessities of life." In Malay, it is called pokok seribu guna or the "tree of a thousand uses." In the Philippines it is known as the "tree of life".1 With a distinct taste and many well-known benefits, Coconuts have caught the world's attention and interest.
Nutrients and Benefits
Coconut Water and Coconut Milk each provide different health benefits.
Coconut Water provides good amounts of:
- Simple sugar, electrolytes and minerals
- Cytokinin, a bioactive compound which supports heart health and healthy aging
- Enzymes such as acid phosphatase, catalase, dehydrogenase, peroxidase and ploymerases which promote healthy digestion and metabolism
Coconut Milk (derived from coconut meat), has the following nutrients:
- Lauric acid, a saturated fatty acid which may help improve good HDL cholesterol levels and heart health
- Good amounts of the minerals potassium, copper, calcium, iron, magnesium, manganese, and zinc
- B-complex vitamins such as riboflavin, niacin, thiamin, pyridoxine, and folate
- Fiber which supports healthy digestion
Derived from Coconut Water:
- CocOganic® Coconut Freeze-dried Coconut Water Powder (organic) is a highly-soluble, white to light yellow powder this is Certified Organic, Kosher, Food-Grade, produced in a SQF certified facility.
- Coconut Water Powder (organic) is a soluble, white to yellow powder that is Certified Organic, Kosher, Food-Grade and produced in a FSSC 22000 certified facility.
- Coconut Water Powder is a soluble, white to light cream powder that is Kosher and food-grade certified and produced in a FSSC 22000 certified facility.
Products derived from Coconut Water can be used in a variety of functional beverages, including smoothies and smoothie juice powder mixes, juices, and sports nutrition formulations.
Derived from Coconut Milk:
- Coconut Milk Powder (organic, vegan) is a mostly soluble while powder that is Certified Organic, Kosher, Vegan, Food-Grade and produced in a BRC certified facility.
- Coconut Milk Powder (vegan) is a mostly soluble white to yellow powder, Kosher, Food-Grade certified and produced in a BRC certified facility.
Products derived from Coconut Milk can be used in a variety of functional foods and beverages including smoothies, smoothie milk powder mixes, sports nutrition products, pet foods and skin care products.
Contact us for a free sample and further product information.