Ashwagandha - An Ancient Ayurvedic Super Herb
Ashwagandha is a popular potent herb which has been used in Ayurvedic medicine for thousands of years. According to 3,000 year-old Ayurvedic texts, Ashwagandha has been referred to as "Indian ginseng" due to its rejuvenating properties.
Traditionally used to enhance physical energy and boost the immune system, Ashwagandha is also recognized for its calming effect on the mind and nerves. The healthful benefits of this ancient herb are derived from its leaves, long tuberous root and fruits.
Read on to find out more about this Ancient Ayurvedic Super Herb.
Also known as Indian ginseng, Ashwagandha actually belongs to the same family as the tomato. Native to India, Pakistan and Sri Lanka, it is a semi-woody, evergreen shrub that grows up to 1.5 meters high, bears tiny greenish or yellow flowers that turn into small red berry-like fruits. The fruit, leaves and roots of the Ashwagandha shrub have therapeutic value. Withanolides are naturally occurring steroids, found in the plant's leaves, and are its most active components.
Nutrients and Benefits
NP Nutra's premium Ashwagandha Powder (organic) is sourced from our approved manufacturing partner in India. It is a fine yellow to cream powder, mostly soluble with a characteristic taste and aroma.
- Kosher, Food grade and produced in an ISO22000 certified facility.
- Contains withanolides, alkaloids, choline, fatty acids, amino acids and a variety of natural sugars.
- Adaptogenic properties - may help cope with physiological and psychological stress, promoting restful sleep and helping to alleviate anxiety.
- Immune system-boosting qualities - may help maintain health and promote vitality
- Use of the herb may show positive effects on the cardiovascular, endocrine and central nervous systems.1
NP Nutra's premium Ashwagandha Powder (organic) can be used in a variety of nutraceutical applications. Due to its strong earthy Ayurvedic taste, it works well in capsule or tablet form but can also be added to custom herbal supplements, blends and teas.
Contact us for a free sample and further product information.