Green Balance Alkalizing Blend® (organic) is a synergistic "green" formula of concentrated alkaline superfoods. A valuable source of naturally occurring phytonutrients, vitamins and minerals, it helps boost energy, assist with mineral replenishment, provide optimal support for the body, and helps the body to maintain a healthy pH balance.
Tested for its alkalizing effect on the body using the PRAL method,1 Green Balance Alkalizing Blend® (organic) produced a result of -46.437/100g. A PRAL value for a food of < 0 is considered to increase the alkalinity of the body fluids; and a PRAL value > 0 increases the acidity of the bodily fluids.2 Our Green Balance Alkalizing Blend® (organic) falls in the higher range of foods that have an alkalizing effect on the body.3
As an ideal product to complement diets deficient in vegetables, Green Balance Alkalizing Blend® (organic) contains approximately 11kg fresh greens, vegetables and fruit in 100g of powder.
Its alkalizing ingredients are:
- Alfalfa Grass Powder (organic). Contains over 300 nutrients and phytonutrients, including being a plant source of vitamin D, and being rich in iron, calcium, vitamin C, chlorophyll, amino acids, enzymes, and bioactive plant compounds like saponins, phytoestrogens, coumarins, alkaloids, phytosterols, terpenes, coumestrol, phenolics, flavonoids and carotenoids.
- Astragalus P.E. 10:1 (organic). Contains a range of bioactive compounds including triterpenoid saponins, bioflavonoids, polysaccharides, glycosides, trace minerals and amino acids.
- Barley Grass Powder (organic). A rich source of chlorophyll, amino acids, vitamins, minerals and phytonutrients like flavonoids, saponin, beta-sitosterol and beta-carotene. It is high in dietary fiber and a very good source of protein, containing the 9 essential amino acids, as well as containing many enzymes, being especially high in the enzyme superoxide dismutase (SOD).
- Chlorella Powder (organic). Contains a vast array of vitamins, minerals, essential fatty acids (such as ALA), complete proteins, nucleic acids (RNA and DNA), peptides, polysaccharides, glycoproteins, beta-glucans, and a vast spectrum of phytochemicals including chlorophyll and carotenoids.
- Kale Powder (organic). One of the most nutrient-dense foods available, it is an excellent source of vitamins C and K, potassium, iron, copper and manganese, and a good source of several other vitamins and minerals, amino acids, dietary fiber, and numerous plant compounds like chlorophyll, carotenoids, flavonoids and glucosinolates, which are broken down into biologically active compounds such as indoles like indole-3- carbinol, and isothiocyanates like sulforaphane. It also contains some alpha-linolenic acid (ALA), an omega-3 essential fatty acid.
- Lemon Juice Powder (organic). An excellent source of ascorbic acid (vitamin C), citric acid and citrus limonins, and contains a variety of phytochemicals like the flavonoid glycosides, as well as containing smaller amounts of flavonoids like ß-carotenes, ß-cryptoxanthin, zeaxanthin, and lutein. It is also a good source of an array of vitamins and minerals.
- Oat Grass Powder (organic). Rich in chlorophyll and an excellent source of beta-carotene, vitamin K, folic acid, calcium, iron, protein and fiber, as well as vitamin C and B vitamins.
- Spirulina Powder (organic). Contains over 60% complete protein, a very good source of nucleic acids, lipids and essential fatty acids such as gamma linolenic acid (which is only otherwise found in mother’s milk), and contains complex carbohydrates like polysaccharides. It is rich in plant compounds like phycocyanin, chlorophyll and carotenoids, and a very good source of many vitamins and minerals, including being one of the few plant sources of vitamin B12.
- Wheatgrass Powder (organic). Contains up to 70% chlorophyll and rich in iron, a very good source of calcium and a good source of amino acids and many vitamins and minerals. It also contains metabolic enzymes, including superoxide dismutase (SOD) and cytochrome oxidase, as well as a wide array of phytochemicals like phenolic compounds, terpenoids, flavonoids, alkaloids, saponins, tannins, steroids and glycosides.*
Green Balance Alkalizing Blend® is a registered trademark of Nature’s Power Nutraceuticals Corp®.
1 Dietary acid load: Mechanisms and evidence of its health repercussions - ScienceDirect
2 Remer T, Manz F. Estimation of the renal net acid excretion by adults consuming diets containing variable amounts of protein. Am J Clin Nutr 1994;59:1356–61.
3 Revised Summary PRAL List.xlsx (clinicaleducation.org)