Orange Juice – High in Vitamin C
Sweet orange (Citrus sinensis), a hybrid of pomelo and mandarin, is one of the world's most popular fruits. Its juice is one of the most popular in the global fruit juice market, which produced 45.4 billion liters of fruit juice in 2018, and which is projected to produce 50.6 billion liters by 2024. The fruit juice market is classified into flavor categories; orange, apple, mango, mixed fruit and others, and of these categories, orange juice holds the majority of the market share. As consumers become more health conscious they are moving away from sodas and carbonated drinks, with their artificial colors and sweeteners, acids, caffeine, etc. and towards healthy, nutritious drinks made from natural foods like oranges.1
- An excellent source of vitamin C (ascorbic acid) and a good source of citric acid and citrates. Also contains other plant compounds including citrus flavanones like hesperidin and naringenin, carotenoids like beta-cryptoxanthin, as well as anthocyanins, hydroxycinnamic acids and a variety of other polyphenols.
- A very good source of dietary fiber.
- A good source of potassium, calcium, folate and vitamin B1 (thiamin).
- Despite being comprised of mostly carbohydrates and water with very little protein or fat, oranges have a low glycemic index due to their high fiber and polyphenol content.
- Levels of sugar and acid determine the orange flavor, and the orange aroma is determined by the volatile organic compounds, including alcohols, aldehydes, terpenes and esters.2
Orange trees are thought to have originated in Southeast Asia and are now widely grown in tropical and subtropical climates.
Oranges typically contain about ten distinct carpels (segments), each surrounded by a membrane. Inside the carpels are many juice-filled vesicles and typically a few seeds (pips). Unripe oranges have a rind that is green, turning bright orange to yellow-orange when ripe.
NP Nutra® offers Orange Juice Powder, which is certified Kosher and Food grade, and produced in an FSSC 22000 certified facility. Our sweet, highly-soluble Orange Juice Powder can be used in:
- Juice blends, smoothies, shakes and teas
- Cookies, biscuits, cakes and pastries
- Granola and protein bars, candies and other confectionery treats
- Icings, frostings, syrups, dips and dressings
- Jams and jellies
- Health tonics and syrups
- Cosmetics, e.g. lip balms, face masks, etc
Contact us for a free sample and further product information.